Canadian Experience Class

This category is to help temporary foreign worker or foreign students who graduated in Canada. It is believed that you often have the qualities to make a successful transition from temporary to permanent residence. As you are familiar with Canadian society and can contribute to the Canadian economy and employment market.

You must meet the minimum requirements to apply for permanent residence under the Canadian Experience Class. The requirements are:

  • plan to live outside the province of Quebec

be either:

  • a temporary foreign worker with at least two years of full-time (or equivalent) skilled work experience in Canada, or
  • a foreign graduate from a Canadian post-secondary institution with at least one year of full-time (or equivalent) skilled work experience in Canada
  • have gained your experience in Canada with the proper work or study authorization
  • apply while working in Canada – or – within one year of leaving your job in Canada
  • include the results of an independent language test (from an agency designated by CIC) with your application

According to the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC), skilled work experience means:

  • Skill Type 0 (managerial occupations) or
  • Skill Level A (professional occupations) or
  • Skill Level B (technical occupations and skilled trades)

Your application will be assessed on two requirements if you apply as a temporary foreign worker:

  • your work experience and
  • your ability in English or French.

If you apply as a graduate of a Canadian post-secondary educational institution with Canadian work experience, it will be assessed using the above requirements, as well as your education.

Before you apply, make sure you get to know the requirements and current application procedures. To learn more about this category please visit:Canadian Experience Class